Compression Industry Segment Manager (flexible location)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Compression Industry Segment Manager is a multi-discipline team leader for the ABB / Large Motor business. The successful candidate will work with a multi-disciplined team to penetrate and grow ABB Large machines business in compression applications across a variety of industry segment(s). An important aspect of this role will be retaining and streamlining ABB’s efforts at current accounts to ensure growth of our share of their business in the synchronous & induction machines space. Develop and implement a market-based strategy including direct, third party and project sales. Build relationships with key external influencers to educate, inform and solicit support for MOLM compressor drivers You will report to the Director of Sales. The ideal candidate is located in the United States or Canada. Willingness to travel is required (up to 60%).
This position reports to
Director of Sales
- Ensures major accounts in the segment(s) are identified and prioritized. May act as Account Manager for one or more major accounts.
- Leads engineering/logistics efforts for standardization/parts identification project.
- Identifies and creates business opportunities utilizing SFDC (Sales Force) and other tools. Participates and assists in product development together with the respective product groups.
- Identifies and manages risk relating to contract agreements and pricing across segments.
- Builds and maintains customer relationship with the key regional customers. Follows up ABB’s performance in fulfilling their needs and initiate development actions as necessary. Participates in and/or developing regional and account plans to meet business and customer needs. Supports the customer satisfaction surveys execution; analyzes results and assists on setting new targets. Participates in development and assists in implementation of product support and product training to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Participates in budgeting, marketing and sales processes development. Supports in development of frame agreement models. Ensures efficient cooperation and communication with sales staff, internal and external customers and other functions.
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration. Identifies and develops talent.
- Works collaboratively with inter-company contacts to achieve broad product integration/application with targeted industries and applications to drive profitability and cross Business Line/Product Group success.
- At least 8-10 years relevant experience within the industrial business environment including Sales & Marketing experience.
- Higher education degree in Engineering or Business Administration or 7 years of related large machines experience.
- Understanding of customer needs, experience in customer interface.
- Proven success with leadership and people management.
- Wide product and market knowledge.
- Social, networking and stress-tolerant, cultural sensitivity, flexibility required
- Ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills, ability to influence at all levels,
- Strong computer skills; Sales Force CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Configurators.
- Fluent English, good communication skills.
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid