Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Demand Planner, you will be responsible for generating unconstrained demand plan and rationalizing finished goods. You will do this in close coordination and collaboration with relevant functions. You measure, report, and drive improvement of demand planning accuracy. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of 15 employees. The team brings a diverse set of skills and cultures, and is based in Delft. Together, they strive for optimization of the back-end operations and do this in collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders. Will you answer the call to be the heart and soul of our daily operations?
- Creates and maintains rolling 18-24 months unconstrained demand forecasts for assigned products.
- Assembles and analyses all data pertinent to creating an unconstrained demand plan and facilitates running the demand review meetings.
- Supports Sales by providing guidance on global demand for specific products and assisting with consolidation of the worldwide demand plan.
- Obtains Sales’ sign-off on the demand plan for input to the Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Works with customer base to determine weekly inbound forecast and develop consumption models to improve accuracy.
- Partners with Sales, Projects, Finance, Product Management, and internal customers to develop best practices for rolling 18-24 months forecast (e.g., implement appropriate forecasting technique, identify macro-economic factors, review trends and monitor mix shifts amongst product family options, understand changes in demand drivers etc.) thereby improving forecast accuracy.
- Especially for systems businesses, the demand planner needs to include bid & proposal, project execution and reconciliation with finance.
- Works with Product Management team to coordinate new product launches, phase outs and platform changes etc. and incorporate them into the demand plan.
- Monitors finished goods Stock Keeping Units (SKU) levels, recommends SKU rationalization initiatives, and feeds them into the inventory check book (ICBK).
- Reviews and improves forecast accuracy both at the aggregate and the individual product level by identifying key root causes for forecast errors and implements initiatives to improve future forecast accuracy.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field or equivalent skill level
- You have minimum 5 years work experience in similar role
- You have solid understanding of logistic, forecasting and budgeting
- Having experience in similar industry with automotive, EV charging business knowledge will be an advantage
- You have working knowledge of SAP and proficient in MS Office
- You have good analytical mind with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- You have are collaborative, solution-focused and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English, Dutch is a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66