ger, Advanced Services
- Provide administrative support of Westerville collaborative operations center and remote or local Digital Services installations including: Installation, configuration, maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server physical hosts and guest VMs (Virtual Machines), data collectors and databases.
- Perform server updates and backups, troubleshoot hardware/software issues as needed to minimize downtime, and provide training and support both internally & externally.
- Interface directly with customers when delivering Digital Service offerings, either remotely or on site depending on the scope of work.
- Document completed work in detailed reports and lead summary discussion with customer.
- Train Field Service Engineers on Digital Service diagnostic tools and offerings.
- Support contract processing and tracking for service contracts which include Digital Services deliverables, work with field coordination and operations to ensure Digital service entitlements are delivered within the contract period.
- Maintain the installed base of the Advanced Services portfolio, including MyControl System On Premise, Cyber Security Workplace, Security Update Service.
- Be responsive to Sales, proposals, projects, clients, the development group and field service to drive Advanced Service solutions, demonstrating the capabilities of the advanced services offerings to ABB employees and customers via live demos or presentations for sales support or training purposes.
- Develop competency in Digital Service offerings and provide input on how Digital Service offerings can be improved for more efficient commissioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related field required and minimum 7 years of experience working in Automation Controls industry and ABB equipment required.
- Microsoft Certified for server administration (MCSE, MCSA) or relevant experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies and remain at the cutting edge of expertise for North America service.
- Strong computer skills including server and client hardware, the use and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server and Client operating systems, networking technologies, network security and cyber security.
- Ability to travel 20 percent to 30 percent of the time.
- Any type of programming training or experience would be beneficial.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_https://20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_https://formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 https://A.M. - 5:00 https://P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@https://abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid