Digital Sales Consultant - Asset Performance Management
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an APM Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for identifying and developing sales opportunities, build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues and strive in achieving the Operational Plan for APM Pillar. Reporting to Hub Digital Manager, you will be sustaining and growing sales of Asset performance Management (APM) Pillar of Digital Solution within Asia (North Asia, Southeast Asia including ANZ market in line with Global strategy. The position can be based in any of the following locations: Singapore, Malaysia or Thailand.
- Selling APM Pillar of Digital Solution to customers, focusing on volume, mix, profitability targets & Ops Plan for the portfolio. Candidate will be owning the quota for assigned portfolio, responsibility for building and maintaining sales pipeline with good mix of coverage of existing and new accounts.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering on APM Pillar. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process and maintains relations Post Sales too.
- Developing the sales Strategy for APM. Prepares sales plans using company tools for 3 years line of sight. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls. Overseeing a winning strategy for every qualified APM opportunity in the pipeline.
- Working with clients at all levels for thoroughly understanding their business, challenges, and goals. Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers. Initiating client engagement with questions rather than products.
- Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know- how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed. Utilizing and growing network of competent internal speaking partners for enhancing selling capabilities and moving to regional autonomy for future pursuits.
- Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and contract terms in line with Global guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Systems or relevant experience.
- 8+ years of APM enterprise solution selling experience with a strong understanding of operations technologies software.
- Proven track record of leading large team to deliver results.
- Knowledgeable in the digital OT, ET, and IT ecosystem.
- Proven track record of collaborating with Sales Account Managers, Technical. Account Managers, and Client Managers and coaching them on how to win.
- Strong ability to influence business units, teams, and resources that you do not own.
- Executive presentation skills with proven experience calling on CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, CTOs, and COOs.
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Accident insurance
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart, and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize, and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated