Director of Government Relations, E-mobility Europe
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As the E-mobility Director of Government Relations, Europe , your role will support the strategic objectives of the business by advocating for policies and shaping markets to further increase commitment to and investment in e-mobility and EV charging solutions across Europe. Serving as the primary contact for European governments, public bodies and other authorities you will work closely with ABB E-mobility business development, sales, communications, external affairs, and product teams to grow and defend markets for ABB E-mobility’s products and solutions. We are looking for an experienced Government Relations professional who is highly adept at developing positive working relationships with a range of senior internal and external stakeholders and who is a strong communicator and negotiator, able to manage complex and critical relations.
- Represent ABB E-mobility and advocate for policies of importance to the business across European governments, including at the regional level where relevant.
- Collaborate closely with sales, product management, and marketing teams to develop and execute advocacy and outreach strategies to government representatives, committees, trade associations and other regulatory agencies
- Represent ABB E-mobility to outside stakeholders and build strategic and lasting relationships with them. External stakeholders include but are not limited to, public and government officials, industry associations, conferences, non-governmental organizations, consortia, and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and communications teams to implement strategies to engage with these stakeholders on issues, efforts, and partnerships of relevance to ABB E-mobility.
- Collaborate closely with sales, business development, and product marketing teams to identify strategic target segments, public/private partnerships, and major projects and develop those relationships and business opportunities.
- Work with customers, partners, stakeholders, and policy-makers to grow the market for ABB E-mobility products, offerings and services.
- Monitor policies, market conditions, regulatory actions, and political environment at market and EU levels
- Conduct policy, regulatory, and market research and analysis and provide verbal and written analysis to internal stakeholders and business leaders.
- Communicate and coordinate with business leaders, line managers and other relevant employees to ensure that all the organization’s dealings with government agencies are conducted ethically, legally and according to ABB’s policies and standards
- Manage assigned budget (including both internal and external costs) for the function.
- Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree such as Master’s Degree in Public Policy or EU law is desirable.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant government related experience
- Knowledge of transportation planning, energy policy, or EV charging, e-mobility a plus
- Prior experience a in government, EU institutions or regulatory agency is desirable.
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities and legislative agendas
- Excellent and proven presentation and advocacy experience
- Excellent and proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to develop strategic plans around legislative and regulatory issues/opportunities
- Ability to value or monetize the investment in legislative and regulatory issue management and demonstrate ROI
- Ability to work across the business to explain the value and benefit of a particular issue(s)
- Excellent knowledge of English language (both spoken and written). Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Willingness to travel overnight and attend events across Europe on a regular basis.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Tessa van den Hoek, Talent Partner, via [email protected]