Drives Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will execute onsite service work – commissioning, diagnostics, repairs, preventive maintenance, upgrades and retrofits – and remote technical support according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB processes, standards and safety guidelines. You will deliver excellent customer service by meeting customers’ needs, while maintaining good relationships with customers. You will work with others to identify new service business opportunities, helping to convince clients to take the complete service portfolio. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, you will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service. Locations: -Center of Spain -East of Spain -Others can be considered
- Performing onsite service tasks like commissioning of equipment, diagnostics and repairs, preventive maintenance, upgrades, retrofits, etc.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) practices are of high standard, and working to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions
- Reporting work done (technical report, material used, timesheet and travel expenses) in a timely manner and following up when needed
- Identifying potential equipment failures and taking corrective actions, troubleshooting complex equipment failures and making recommendations to avoid the problem in the future
- Making suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvements, and discussing them with the team
- Frequent domestic travelling will be required, as the role will require hands-on support at customer sites. Very punctual international travelling might also be required for training purposes or special customers / projects.
- Flexibility and quick adaptation to scheduling updates. Based on specific and pre-fixed schedule, availability to be on-duty to provide 24/7 remote technical support for contract customers, including weekends and public holidays; if remote support is not conclusive, a site intervention might be organized within agreed response time (usually 24h).
- Electrical/Electronic engineering degree or Professional Module (FP2).
- Basic knowledge of AC/DC drives technology is required.
- Sound knowledge (more than 2 years of experience) of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning, and repairing ABB or other brand Drives for different types of industries and applications.
- Knowledge of industrial communications is highly appreciated.
- Proven experience in technical remote support using Digital tools. Results oriented, active listening, and empathy for interaction with customers.
- Current car driving license (type B) valid in Spain as well as specific VISA/work permit for Spain.
- Fluent in Spanish and good command of English, both written and spoken.
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Flexible work practices
- Sick pay
- Accident insurance
- Life insurance
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid