EL Sales Support Specialist – Configuration & Quotation
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. Job Summary: Create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in the area of responsibility.
- Target: Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Preparation: Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Coordination: In accordance with bid/estimate/quotation planning, ensures that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Manages external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
- Documentation: Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Risk: Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- Information coordination: Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Customer relations: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
- Supplier selection: Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Bsc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Graduate degree in business administration is an asset.
- 5 years + experience in electrification field.
- Good knowledge of low-voltage and medium-voltage electrical systems and able to read and interpret single line diagrams, technical specifications, datasheets, etc.
- Knowledge of low-voltage and medium-voltage SWGR and MCC.
- Able to work with commercial and legal terms.
- Able to prepare and submit technical and commercial bids for MV/LV projects and products.
- English required for national/international communication, knowledge of French a strong asset.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. #LI-hybrid