Electrical R&D Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an Electrical R&D Engineer for Motion Business Area in Beijing, China, you will contribute significantly to successful results in projects in System Drives Division in Beijing/China country/NAS region.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Analyzing of converter power module’s performance and identifying possible issue and areas to improve
- Designing of new and improved converter power modules including power electronics as well as control circuits
- Designing of PCBAs according to the requirements of the power module.
- Being responsible for application of Design for X practices to the module design. Defining reliability test plan for the new module (FIT calculation, DFMEA design, component lifetime calculation, HALT, ALT, environment testing, design margin testing, etc.)
- Performing tests on power modules (functional, type tests, reliability tests…) and analyzing results
- Cooperating with suppliers of module’s components to understand the production limitations. Application of Design for manufacturing practices in cooperation with team members
- Supporting in the field cases investigation involving power modules
- A bachelor’s or master’s or above degree from Electrical Engineering, Power electronics, electronics
- Experience with LV or MV power modules or similar complex devices using power electronics components. PCB(A) and system design knowhow is a plus.
- Experience on testing related work in LV or MV drive products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, positive attitude and a team player. Project management skills is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid