ELECTRIFICATION QUALITY MANAGER
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Deploy and lead the Quality strategy for a local ABB organizational unit, including quality culture, systems, tools, and competent teams with the aim to achieve and even exceed customer expectations, while ensuring sustainable operations.
This position reports to
Manufacturing Unit Manager
- Works with local management teams to: prevent mistakes and defects in products and avoid problems when delivering solutions or services to customers, provide confidence that ABB and customer quality requirements will be fulfilled, focus on issue prevention rather than just control, establish customer and stakeholder needs/expectations, drive the utilization of process management across the local business to deliver consistent results, minimizing variation and maximizing efficiencies.
- Ensures effective internal controls are in place to verify that processes continue to meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validates that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating know risks.
- Ensures the Voice of the Customer is represented within the local business. Challenge the management team with customer experience feedback and input to decisions. Enable and coach all employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view.
- Utilize ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with Product data and analysis to validate that Products continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Validate APQP plans to assure effective introduction of new products.
- Deploy and maintain the local Quality Management System to provide the local business with policies, regulations and processes that sufficiently describe the value chain activities. Lead the local management team in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness.
- Performs audits and ensures the use of analytics of Quality data from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and nonconformances within the local business, its suppliers and customers. Ensures that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken, and solutions are managed to closure.
- Enables, with the support of HR, that the local Quality team is sustainably staffed, developed and directed in line with ABB Group QO guidance to provide support and leadership for the Quality activities that supports the local business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from and accredited university or college.
- English Advanced Level.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Leadership and strong interpersonal, Problem solving skills.
- 8+ years of experience in quality or manufacturing leadership.
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions in difficult or ambiguous situation.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite