Energy Industries Sales Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Achieve both qualitative and quantitative sales targets in a profitable way: order growth, revenues, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
This position reports to
Business Manager - Commercial&Portfolio
- Volume and profit
- • Sells products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned PAEN Division.
- Customer relations
- • Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
- • Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans
- • Prepares sales plans using company tools.
- • Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- • Creates added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- • Communicates details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- • Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities
- • Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- • Manages administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation
- • Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager.
- • Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree. Electrical Certificate of Higher Education (less than Bachelor’s) can be considered. In this case more experience will be required.
- More than 2 years of experience as Sales engineer. Knowledge in Energy industries will be appreciated.
- Fluent Spanish and English (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
- MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point). Salesforce and SAP will be appreciated.
- Availability to travel 50% of the time.
- Negotiation skills to close contracts with customers.
- Contract management capabilities to understand clauses and requirements from legal documents.
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-hybrid