Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service. In this role you will be responsible for providing routine maintenance and on-site or remote technical support.
This position reports to
Gerente de Consultoria Técnica
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs, and providing specialist assistance and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new service applications, equipment, and methods.
- Carry out maintenance plan in clients. Carry out the technical tasks of projects: engineering preparation, start-up, etc. Change of boards, equipment, installation, DCS programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electric, Electronic, Systems or Robotic Engineering.
- Technical maintenance experience in PLC, Scada, HMI (DCS desirable).
- Field networks. Knowledge of TCP/IP networks. Process wiring.
- 2 years of experience in similar positions.
- Availability to travel.
- Advanced level of English.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid