Field Service Engineer_ Drives
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Field Service Engineer will be part of Motion Business Area for Service division based in Muscat, Oman. In this role you will be responsible to provide right technical support to customers and ensure that service-related requirements for customer are addressed in a safe and effective way, keeping customer at the center of all actions.
- Independently servicing of ABB LCIs, performing commissioning and service tasks for LV and MV Drives, including identification and fixing of technical problems at site, Analyzing through remote or onsite activity etc
- Providing first level support for Motor services, updating drives and motors installed base actively and also updating reports in database, immediately after job completion, promoting, Installation and monitoring of digital solutions for Drives and Motors
- Ensuring that all jobs are handled systematically with at most care for HSE, preparing method statements and safety related documents(ABRAetc.) before starting of work and completing the report and time sheet (with customer signature), immediately after completion of work
- Performing all E learning needed to ensure certification level of Oman is maintained, quick response to customer calls, willingness to travel at short notice / within middle east, apply safety rules and safety practices as well as environmental responsibilities, reporting unsafe practices and incidents
- Identifying sales opportunities during service visit and pass it on the front-end sales team, ensuring site visit report are prepared within 2 days from completion of site, preparing detailed timesheet and getting customer certification before leaving site.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical engineering
- 6+years of experience related to VFD, communicate effectively and process knowledge for VFD applications is an added advantage
- Out-of-the box thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Relentless ownership, dedication and thoroughness, going the extra-mile and showing devotion for the mission
- Fluency in English language is mandatory
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day Work model: on site #LI-onsite