Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Finance Manager, will be the part of Electrification Business Area for Smart Power division based in Karachi / Lahore - Pakistan. In this role you will be responsible for acting as a business partner to the relevant business manager, leading local finance teams to optimize financial performance within an assigned Division/Business Unit, supporting effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommending the most appropriate business solutions
This position reports to
ELSP/SB Business Controller, UAE&Cluster
- Contributing to the definition of the strategy for the business unit and serve as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility and developing a global busi-ness model, aligning with wider strategy, implementing and making adjustment in implementation as needed
- Maintaining constant contact with relevant other managers and controller regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook, translating strategy into business plan and establish measurable targets, overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility, evalu-ating financial implication of various strategic decisions, building scenarios and recommending action.
- Monitoring progresses achieved, providing insight and analysis to support operational decision-making, identifying issues and advise management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve, driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization and capital efficiency, managing and closely mon-itoring the cash flow and taking action to improve net working capital
- Assessing business risk exposure and define risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance, ensuring risk management process are consistently implemented in own area of respon-sibility, identifying, communicating commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions
- Contributing to the definition of the strategy for the business unit, serving as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility and developing a global busi-ness model, align with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed
- Maintaining constant contact with relevant other managers and controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook, leading, providing guidance and facilitating best practice sharing between local business controllers within own area of responsibility to ensure alignment and consisten-cy of controlling practices
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant local/country/division/region controllers, finance group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures, defining and implementing internal control regarding financial and non-financial operations, compliance with corporate and country standard, regulation, and guidelines, supporting internal and external audit and sign off assurance letter for the area of responsibility
- Establishing and overseeing process and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensuring high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules, ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, commerce, or relevant field
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software, including SAP (FI, CO, PS, MM) and power BI
- Experience in handling two or more business (service, projects, products)
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP is must and IFRS experience is an asset
- Fluency in English language is mandatory
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation Work model: on site #LI-onsite