GBS HR Operations Project & Business Support m/f/d (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The scope of the role includes supporting the GBS HR Operations organization and global management team, with leading and contributing to various local, regional and global initiatives to ensure operational excellence, enhanced customer experience and top delivery quality. Challenges: Working in complex projects, under time pressure (strong resilience). Getting up to speed quickly and being capable to plan, prepare and anticipate upcoming project activities. Managing the moving pieces/targets. Managing ambiguity between quality, time, budget, customer satisfaction.
This position reports to
Global Head HR Ops
- Leads and drives the projects or initiatives assigned, ensuring the definition of deliverables, that the objectives are met, in the given timeline and budget
- Takes ownership and drives change initiatives from improvement identification through to project delivery
- Defines and applies basic project scheduling techniques to manage schedule risks proactively, to avoid possible future schedule deviations, with impact on the on-time delivery
- Leads the assigned projects teams and resources, ensures effective monitor and control of the deliverables and oversees allocated budgets (if applicable)
- Actively monitors project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Ensures proper documentation of the projects as per the corresponding methodology (PM/ Six Sigma)
- Supports the GBS HR Ops leadership in business management specific topics and the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and of better ways of working
- Graduate/post-graduate degree in Business Management, HR or related discipline
- Proven experience of hands-on leading and driving projects as well as logical thinking and ability to understand in depth operational HR processes
- Open to both administrative work and more complex conceptual work
- Structured thinking and strong communication skills to drive the change towards a common plan and timelines
- Strong customer orientation and collaborative working style appreciating the inclusion of geographies, levels, functions, and cultures
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills. Furthermore, outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, managers, and subject matter experts. Additionally, solid proficiency in English, MS Office, digital collaboration tools/platforms
More about us
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you ready to take off a new journey with ABB? This is your opportunity! We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner at ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate