Global Industry Consultant, Digital – Smart Manufacturing
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible to develop, implement and manage the Smart Manufacturing industry strategy for digital.
This position reports to
Vice President Digital
- Own and drive smart manufacturing global sales, pipeline and margin targets
- Ensure that the Division develops a digital transformation strategy for its strategic accounts which delivers growth and profitable new revenue streams (revenue targets, profitability targets, project plans)
- Capture outside market situation and opportunities, understand customer drivers and digitalization needs, develop and evolve technology partnerships and translate these into a solution-based business strategy to leverage untapped digital value
- Develop and implement appropriate and often new business models for digital transformation opportunities across all Product Groups in the Division
- Develop and drive enterprise scale digitalization business opportunities with a strong game plan for the integrated digital systems and solutions, drive adoption of consultative selling within Division
- Accelerate existing digital transformation opportunities in the Division – integrate, penetrate, replicate
- Interfaces with and influences customer’s senior technical and business leadership
- Continuously drives business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions with
- solutions consulting and hub digital teams
- Bachelor’s / Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience of the smart manufacturing (discrete) industries either in F&B and/or electronics manufacturing and/or automotive with solid understanding of its operations, processes, key value drivers and software applications utilized
- Deep knowledge of the industry software solutions covering at least three or more areas: operational excellence (MES), advanced process control, simulation, asset performance or energy management
- Proven experience cloud-based platform solutions and architectures e.g. Azure, AWS
- Solid and proven experience in pipeline/funnel management preferably in a sales lead position
- Thorough understanding of the industry customer end-to-end digital journey through hands-on exposure to transformation planning initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in driving digital development for complex global organizations, ideally in a B2B environment (Process, Energy, software, technology, automation), hands-on experience of the OT / software industry business with focus on digitalization and the Internet of Things, and deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends
- Proven track record in customer focus, exposure to customer top management, consultative selling, driving results, building pipeline and turning opportunities into sales successes, ability to drive success in direct and matrix organization
- Excellent networking skills matured in a highly international organization, “leading by influence”
- Change management experience is a strong plus
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Availability to flexible travel internationally as required.
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage Global Talent Acquisition Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.