Global Product Manager Energy Management
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
In order to drive development of our products further to the next level we are looking for a Global Product Manager Energy Management for Public & Fleet in one of our global eMobility technology centers. In this role you will further evolve the Load & Energy management product for the Public segment (Highway locations, forecourts, Drive&Go) and the Fleet segment (Depot, last & middle mile). You will be part of the The Digital Services and Software Platforms Product Management team, which consists of >6 employees. Your team members are based in Delft & Hasselt (BE). We are team of enthusiastic and versatile professionals. We are making sure that our services and platforms stays cutting-edge technology wise and serve a wide range of customer’s needs and market trends. We feel equally comfortable talking directly to customers to better understand their needs as well as sitting next to developers diving deep into technical details. Our teams purpose is to manage digital and software capabilities which are used by various business lines to compose optimal offering for various customer segments.
- You are responsible for ABBs e-Mobility Load & energy management offering, addressing the public & fleet charging market segment.
- You ensure that ABBs Energy management offering generates superior value to the customers as well as the EV drivers and supports advanced integration with smart buildings, microgrid equipment and IT solutions.
- You are a linking pin between regional ABB sales teams, key customers/accounts/partners, and internal stakeholders such as BL’s product manager and service.
- You are responsible for product roadmap in the segment, technical specifications and features of products in the product line.
- You are hands-on with the development team(s), grooming out use-cases & features.
- You assess commercially and guide strategic projects with customers that request customized scope (SW and HW)
- You analyze competing & complementary solutions in the market from a commercial and technical perspective and judge the relevance to our product offering
- You provide guidance to the development teams, project leaders and external partners in terms of specifications, priorities, timelines and planning of new developments & improvement projects
- You keep track of commercial & competitive environment, technical context, including hardware & software options
- You initiate innovation of the overall business models applicable for the charging solution
- You support the regional sales teams in their approach to the customer, offer support in bidding processes and have direct contact with the largest customers, partners & accounts.
- You have a Master degree in Engineering or equivalent skill level
- You possess demonstrated experience in (digital) product management and thoroughly understand development lifecycle of products (specification, architecture & design, implementation, testing, market release, maintenance & support, etc.)
- You have a good commercial feeling and understand business-to-business sales for electrical equipment and related direct and indirect go-to-market models and you like to work in a fast moving team in a fast moving market.
- You thoroughly understand commercial processes in introducing, selling and supporting products in the market in a highly international context.
- You have the ability to translate commercial products into technical specifications and you are able to judge and challenge technical proposals (in relation to business goals and commercial offerings).
- You are able to challenge external suppliers and developers on proposals and offerings.
- You propose & initiate new developments & features, and manage into development process into product launch and roll-out.
- You ensure that proper support and documentation on the product details is realized.
- Affinity or proven experience with large electric products is beneficial.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Tessa van den Hoek, Talent Partner, via [email protected]