Global Product Manager Lead (80 – 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Global Product Manager leader is in charge of driving the long-term profitable growth of the ABB ELIP PMA offering to target market segments and managing offering through all of its life cycle phases, according to market needs and Division/Product Group/Business line strategy and targets. Support business results by overseeing all steps of the offering life cycle including development, launch, go-to-market, maintenance, pricing, and profitability. You will be responsible for driving PMA cable protection new products and innovation. You will be responsible for a strategically important segment of the cable protection portfolio which includes products in strategic segments as rail, OEM machinery, Robotics and Automation, Food and Beverages. This role will be driving long term Product strategy, life cycle management and delivering value to the customer.
This position reports to
Global Product Manager Director
- Team leader driving market intelligence analysis. Understands and defines current market segmentation and related offering positioning including relevant regulations and standards related to PMA product line. Identifies potential gaps in PMA cable protection portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Owns the technical and market specification for the offering and determines a offering business plan that supports sustainable growth including life cycle management
- Acts as interface between external market and internal functions (e.g. Sales, Operations, and Research & Development), forecasting volume trends on a regular basis to ensure Operation’s capability to fulfil customer orders.
- Defines new offering plans, sets technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets. Contributes to development of new portfolios by leading customer need and value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, follow-up of offering portfolio performance.
- Initiates and drives product market communication strategy, including product launch planning and implementation.
- Defines product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensures clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear offering positioning within the portfolio with defined values per offering line.
- Continuously develops product management processes and tools, including interfaces to other key functions and develops sales and tools to support the Sales organization. • Initiates creation of external and internal product training modules and programs.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Creates a Sustainability strategy for the global Offering portfolio, supporting ABB's commitment to circular economy.
- BS/BA in engineering or operations management is required, MBA plus
- Min. 5 years of experience in developing product management strategy
- Proven record or new product developments, product launch, marketing and technical solutions
- Relevant experience in electrical industry experience, cable protection or cable management
- Experience in leading a team
- Strong entrepreneurship, project management, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal; German / English is a must
- Experience in manufacturing sector (asset).
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment is led by Stephan Himmel, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate