Global Project Execution Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all. Are you smart and energetic enough to join the ABB E-mobility team, showing an effective and passionate contribution to the team? If that’s a YES, then let’s sit down and have a talk to see where you can fit in the team and enjoy the fun of working in the rapidly emerging E-mobility universe.
As Global Project Execution Manager, you will play an important role for the ABB E-mobility solutions that focus on enabling high-speed charging for electric fleets such as trucks and buses. A game-changing technology which allows mass adoption of clean transportation, changing the world of transportation and energy management significantly. You will be part of the quickly growing Global Project Execution Team for the Fleet & Transit business line, which is mainly based in Delft and Eindhoven. The colleagues you will be working with are distributed across different parts of the world, bringing a diverse set of culture and skills. In this challenging job, you coordinate and execute global projects with our key clients and multiple stakeholders (internal and external) in a new, fast-moving industry. You start from when the contract is signed and will be responsible for execution from a global delivery perspective. Your mission is to ensure that contract operations are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments. You will work in very close cooperation with the global and regional teams: R&D, Operations, Service and Sales. Also, you may be working with a senior project manager, on projects that roll up into a larger program. You will join in improving project execution effectiveness. Challenging, but greatly supported by an enthusiastic multi-cultural professional team.
- Joining a contract negotiation to support Sales and translate that quickly in a high-level structured project plan. After the meeting you will structure the requirements and deliverables in a transparent manner, to make sure there can be no misunderstanding in what is agreed to fulfill the contract.
- Visit a local business unit of ABB to agree on the execution plan, based on contract agreements with the global or local customer.
- Agree with all the stakeholders globally on your execution plan: what the processes and escalation paths in different situations will be during the project. Also clearly agreeing the roles and responsibilities, change management and when/how the project will be fully handed over to the local operation teams.
- Brainstorm with your project management team in the Netherlands how to improve the project execution strategy for the local or regional project operation.
- Visit the factory in Italy occasionally, guiding the customer and the local team doing an FAT.
- Regular interactions with the “front end” i.e. the Local ABB Project Managers and other relevant local stakeholders to make sure the expectations are constantly synchronized and changes in the projects are addressed on time and contractually followed up.
- Regular interactions with the “back end” such as Global Product Management, Global Customer Support and Order Handling, Production (including customizations), Logistics (especially cross continental), Digital Customer Care for our cloud services, Global Service for support and training. You will also need to support the local service so they can do installation/commissioning and have an SLA in place, etc. All of this to make sure your projects will meet the goals and after that will smoothly flow into the operational phase.
- Have a meeting in with our R&D team to discuss the customizations on the chargers required for your project and agree on timelines and deliverables.
- Regularly give a presentation and report to internal stakeholders and steering committee on the project’s whereabouts reviewing the status, challenges, budget, risks and mitigations, as well as unforeseen changes.
- Have a dinner to build relations but also have urgent meetings with key internal or external stakeholders. So serving as an escalation point for one-off and systemic project management issues.
- Enjoy lunch in our new innovation test center in Delft with your direct colleagues or invite customers and the local business unit colleagues for a project evaluation or brainstorm.
- Engineering degree (BSc) or Master(s) followed by a project management training.
- At least 3 years in a fully autonomous project management function (this entails overall project responsibility)
- Hands-on experience with managing external customer facing projects in a delivery context is desirable for this role.
- Relevant Project Management certification (such as PMP, IPMA or PRINCE2) is considered a plus.
- Experience in managing expectations. This includes managing various external (i.e. customer, third parties) and internal (e.g., factory, supply chain, service, etc.) stakeholders surrounding your assignment. This role includes interactions with stakeholders from the clients’ side.
- Good level of intercultural awareness and experience of working in an international environment
- Knowledge of (power) electronics products, e.g. chargers, distribution or UPS systems will be highly appreciated.
- Understanding international operations and/or site service will be valuable. Because this enables you to fully comprehend the support need of the local ABB teams.
- Willing to travel, expected to be about 20% average depending on the project
- Living in the Netherlands, you have excellent communication skills (written & verbal) in English. Dutch and/or German is a plus.
- You enjoy working in a young and dynamic team of highly motivated professionals with a great team spirit serving the EV business worldwide.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66