rations projects and initiatives across the Service Lines: Benefits, Compensation, Employee Lifecycle and Payroll. Ensures all activities are performed in accordance with ABB policies, guidelines and standards, contractual agreements, quality standards, financial targets, and schedule commitments. Supports the HR Operations Compliance Manager and the Team Managers in overseeing process improvements to continually increase efficiencies, quality of services as well as customer experience. Provides Subject Matter Expert functional knowledge as it related Leads assigned US HR Operations projects and Process improvement execution end-to-end. Applies project management processes as applicable. There is a strong preference for candidates that are able to work in this role out of our Cary, NC office location on a hybrid-remote schedule arrangement.
This position reports to
Manager, HR Operations Compliance
- Leads assigned project and process improvements, defining mission statement, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones wholly and timely.
- Develops project charter and plans describing how the project will be executed for communication to project team members and key stakeholders, approval, and as the basis for execution.
- Plan and tracks all project and process improvement activities.
- Effectively organizes, monitors, and controls activities to ensure achievement of planned gates and efficient utilization of available resources.
- Monitors and controls project costs and finances. Identifies, contains, and reduces risk and ensures all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Ensures Compliance and projects follow the sound methodology and execution practices per standard ABB internal directives and procedures.
- Effectively communicates appropriate information to project stakeholders.
- Formalizes acceptance of the project and concludes all project activities.
- Delivers project documentation and ensures handover to the Business Area Unit (BAU) organization.
- Maintains project portfolio and provides updates to the HR Leadership Team.
- Reviews and optimizes HR Service Line practices by benchmarking best practices, researching industry and employment trends, tracking legislation, and estimating impact.
- Define, implement, and continuously optimize HR Functional processes and procedures within all HR Service Organizations.
- Recommend, develop, and assist in implementing special programs in the HR Service organization.
- Recommend changes to HR system functionality and support systems implementation/upgrade in functional responsibility.
- Recommend enhancements and simplification of existing processes and procedures based on feedback and experience within the HR Services Organization.
- Lead process improvement activities and participate in quality control and audit activities.
- Monitor compliance, participation, utilization rates, and trends regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Management or related discipline.
- 5 plus years functionally leading HR projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Proven experience in HR / HR Shared Services (Payroll, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Lifecycle)
- Excellent project and process management skills and experience.
- Certifications in PM and SHRM strongly preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma, quality and process improvement experiences, ideally holder of a Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or higher).
- High degree of client orientation and service mind-set.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving, high degree of proactive behavior and result orientation.
- Outstanding structured thinking and self-organization, deadline focused.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of passion and commitment.
- Effective management of different cultures.
- Ability to manage a team across several countries.
- Ability to build relations across various countries / cultures
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation skills).
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_https://20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_https://formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 https://A.M. - 5:00 https://P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@https://abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Remote