Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be heading a team of Health, Safety and Environment Specialists, assisting managers and employees to deliver a high-performing culture through clear line management accountability and a competent organization in the Electrification Business based in Puerto Rico. You will push improvements in health, safety and environment (HSE) performance to ensure a high-performing health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. In this role you will lead by example, applying your in-depth HSE knowledge to provide solutions and advice to address a variety of issues.
This position reports to
Business Health, Safety & Env Manager
- Driving continuous improvement by implementing the Group HSE management system, training and improvement programs.
- Overseeing audits of the Electrification Business.
- Empowering the management team to grasp obligations and liability, local HSE law and ABB requirements, and how to drive behavioral change.
- Facilitating HSE risk assessments by line management, ensuring all processes and corrective actions are implemented.
- Reporting on performance of ABB Sustainability goals, KPIs and HSE incidents.
- Raising awareness of and winning commitment to ABB Group sustainability targets.
- Helping to define the annual HSE budget for EL, monitoring and managing performance against financial targets and constraints.
- Planning and executing HSE projects, managing resources and reporting on goals and progress.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor´s degree or Master´s degree.
- The ability to manage complex issues and work in cross-functional teams.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Forklift Train the trainer is preferable.
- OSHA Certification.
- Knowledge of waste management.
- Forklift license and audit experience is a must.
- Advanced English.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite