Human Resource Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Human Resource Support Specialist (HRSS) enhances the human resource experience for all employees by providing a best-in-class employee and manager HR service and support. The HRSS will be located at our Bartlesville, Oklahoma site and will support employees and managers on-site and our Process Automation division employees located throughout the U.S. The HRSS will function with the goal of facilitating resolution of employee and manager questions, concerns and transactions. The HRSS works closely with the Cary Contact Center team to provide additional support to more complicated or complex questions or issues.
This position reports to
Human Resource Business Partner
- In addition, the HR SS will educate employees and managers on the HR self-service options in order to help them leverage those tools and resources, when appropriate, that also support the HR experience
- The HR SS may also support the business by executing other HR related projects and initiatives and support the HR Business Partners to drive efficient work allocation, effective workforce management, system navigation (SAP, Workday, others) and people and talent management activities
- In addition to our self-service features, this role is a key resource to employees and managers across the country to support their HR related needs including such things as payroll and benefits questions, issue management and resolution, and where to find HR information. It partners with local HRBPs and managers to maintain local HR master data, ensure date quality/accuracy, provide AskHR ticket/system support, and may provide HR data reporting and analytics
- The position will also uphold a high standard of compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and a spirit of superior customer service and ongoing continuous and process improvement
- The HR SS will log questions, problems, issues and resolutions in the AskHR system in order to track topics, trends, resolutions and resolution time and respond accordingly
- In some cases, this position may also serve as the local Time Administrator for a group or facility
- Support Employees and Managers with day-to-day HR assistance: Be available for "walk-in/call-in" support for employee and manager incidents and questions about payroll, benefits, and other HR needs
- Assist employees and managers in using Employee & Manager self-service tools
- Answers questions and address/resolve issues for employees and managers, where possible. Where not, liaise with HR Global Operations and the HR US Front Office team. Provide tracking and updates to the employee or manager, confirming when the situation is resolved, and tickets can be closed
- Provides proactive healthcare, retirement and miscellaneous benefits education, especially around open enrollment, life change events and other benefit and/or vendor changes
- Supports lifecycle administration including: Scheduling interviews, assisting with job fairs, job bidding processes and other Talent Acquisition administrative tasks
- Onboarding administration - tracks all hires across designated population to ensure background check and drug screens are completed on time for start date, assists manager in ordering computer related assets, completes I-9 process, and ensures manager follows the Day 1/Week 1/Month 1 onboarding plan
- Offboarding administration – supports managers in the termination process and in certain situations, processes terminations in relevant systems, provides offboarding information, and coordinates asset returns/cancellations and system terminations, special tasks for retirements
- Partner with the HR Cary Contact Center to address more complicated or complex employees questions or issues
- Supports the procurement of temporary or contract staff, as needed
- Supports employee event planning and execution
- Assist HR Business Partner with basic HR reporting
- Provide administrative support for local site HR processes (step increase schedules, fit for duty exams, local training, bulletin boards, vacation pay requests, new badges, etc)
- Partner with HR Business Partners to support the business: Run reports from HR systems to provide accurate and timely data to HR Business Partners in areas such as hiring, attrition, diversity, open positions, etc
- Support HRBPs with annual cycles and special projects such as job architecture, data maintenance, AIP assignments, succession planning, talent development, etc
- Supports HR related processes and carries out critical transactions in various HR systems such as Red Carpet, HR Group Tools, the Annual Incentive Plan tool, eRec (job postings and compensation documents), and Workday*
- Workday support includes creating positions, processing reorganizations/hires/promotions, position/data/compensation changes, termination support for managers, approval triage for HRBPs, etc.
- Escalates issues to the relevant HRBP that require additional support (performance management, career development, employee relations, performance management, etc)
- Supports additional HR responsibilities as needed to assist in HR service delivery, ultimately improving the employee and manager experience
- Dependencies: System access to all relevant global and local HR systems such as AskHR, SAP, Workday, HRGT & HRGT systems (eRec, etc) – primarily view access only, but in select cases, data entry capability as well
- HR Services/Front Office processes that establish a regular cadence/update on issue resolution/execution coordinated and translated to the employee or manager
- Two years related experience or Associate’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field
- Four years of related experience or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology. Or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Superior Excel skills highly preferred (such as V-Look Up, formulas and dashboard framework)
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- PHR or SHRM-CP credential preferred
- Power BI experience
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid