Injection Moulding Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for an Injection Moulding Technician to join our Electrification business. The selected candidate will join the industrial engineering department within the team that deals equipment for production of plastic components.
This position reports to
Production Engineering Manager
- Cooperate with R&D department during project execution phase in order to ensure and optimize the manufacturability of new product, supporting the cross-functional team, joining the weekly update meeting and providing all the deliverables in charge of engineering department.
- Supported by quality team, provide the equipment technical specification to share with SCM for RFQ activity; conduct comparison of technical offers and guarantee adherence to the technical requirements. Monitor external development progress and set the plan and criteria for equipment validation, installation and startup.
- Define the working phase sequence of a new production process in order to achieve the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget.
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities and approval criteria.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and implement improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Ensure the production process comply with the project targets.
- Approve the design for processes developed internally or externally and perform final tests with respect to the project.
- Provide support to Production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
- Mechanical Engineering bachelor or master degree.
- Experience in production process modelling simulation is a plus.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD.
- Good knowledge of Office package.
- Good knowledge of Italian and English.
- Strong ability to work in team. Good ability in problem solving. Able to manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to adhere to deadlines.
More about us
More about us We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Valeria Pagani, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate