Integrated Production Unit Leader
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Ensure efficient and cost-effective production results that meet order demand, specifications, quality, and planning targets in the assign IPU through the coordination and management of plant equipment, personnel, and production processes (quantity, quality, budgeted costs, and proper productivity level).
This position reports to
Manufacturing Unit Manager
- Prepares annual production budget, oversees progress, and determines actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources.
- Develops programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the Integrated Production Unit (IPU) to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout Operations. Collaborates with Operational Excellence teams to integrate lean manufacturing principles into production processes.
- Develops and executes plans to reduce non-value-added costs, increase revenues, and delight customers by delivering products on time with high factory and supplier yields and decreasing product field failure rates.
- Provides support to Customer Service & Sales for critical orders and/or status of the IPU performance to business leaders.
- Ensures compliance with health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are implemented, while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from and accredited university or college.
- 5 years of experience in similar positions.
- Leadership experience on manufacturing in multi-level organization.
- Advanced English of level required.
- Availability to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Change management/facilitation skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite