International Trade Compliance Leader
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an International Trade Compliance Leader, working in the Customs and Trade functional area within the Electrification Business Division in Atlanta, GA, Memphis, TN and or remote location will be considered. This position drives International Trade Compliance through frequent trainings, stakeholders’ engagements, and management, monitoring & communicating of regulatory changes and updates as well as implementation of new and continuous improvement processes.
This position reports to
US Customs and Trade Leader
- Product Classification: Develop, lead, and maintain the operational framework for product classification
- Provide advice & trainings to stakeholders with responsibilities of export classifications of parts, material, data, and services
- Subject Matter Expert: Provides guidance, direction, and oversight to assure adherence to federal export control regulations and sponsoring agency policies and procedures related to export controls.
- Provide advice & guidance to the management of the company on export control & sanctions related compliance matters & requirements. This may include providing guidance on the implementation of technology control plans and other export control & sanctions related procedures and work instructions.
- Be the subject-matter-export (SME) on US export control & sanctions (especially U.S.) regulations and requirements.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to other departments on strategic planning to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness in areas that involve export control & sanctions.
- Training: Performs training of personnel at all levels on a frequent basis. Advises business of new regulations and how they affect business processes.
- Provide necessary export control & sanctions training and updates to employees having export control & sanctions compliance functions.
- Delivering and participating in training programs on compliance and professional development
- Governance: Develop & advice procedures that are “self-checking” ensuring adherence to export control & sanctions related regulations.
- Executing effective and transparent communication internally, externally and between different units and centers to drive cross-collaboration
- Works closely with leadership teams to ensure continuous improvement of all export control related systems,
- Maintain and assist with the implementation of corporate export controls & sanctions related policies, procedures and guidelines
- Provide advice & guidance to Global Supply Chain (GSC)/Procurement department in working with outside vendors and service providers in obtaining and /or providing documentation and information required for export control due diligence and compliance requirements.
- Utilize requirements management, process implementation, risk management and performance measurement to ensure effective internal controls are in place to meet stakeholder requirements across the business
- Perform audits and ensures the use of analytics of Quality data from all parts of the business to identify risks, failures and non-conformances within the businesses. Ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken, and solutions are managed to closure.
- Identify and report to leadership any potential violations of export control & sanctions laws and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures
- Continuous Improvement: Executing continuous improvement and strategy deployment and working to standardize processes and develop best practices
- Manage and lead improvement projects or initiatives and ensure processes and tools are in place for data management.
- Develop and prepare periodic updates and metrics reports related to export control & sanctions as applicable.
- Support business management to ensure that the operational approach and system of business management are continually evaluated for effectiveness
- Attend export control & sanctions seminars/conferences to maintain knowledge on regulatory updates and changes
- Standardizing processes and implementing routines in line with global directives
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in Trade Compliance with emphasis on import regulations.
- Previous experience in building a team
- Experience in the application of non-U.S. export control and sanctions regulations
- Experience with the application of regulations administered by OFAC
- Experience in international business, contracts, supply chain, engineering, or relevant discipline
- Understanding the process surrounding assessing jurisdiction and classification of items
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and grow in an expanding organization
- Commitment to compliance and integrity
- Ability to collaborate among all levels of the ITC organization and business
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers and external stakeholders
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical, and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Excellent customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and capable of managing multiple initiatives, both collaboratively and independently
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Remote