Internship – Material Planner
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking to an intern to join our Electrification business. Contract: stage
This position reports to
EL Sales Operations Manager
- Ensure that the right inventory level is maintained, minimizing it according to the company’s target while guaranteeing customer service level.
- Ensure that inventory is compliant with company guidelines. Ensure the achievement of target for customer service level while keeping under the target for stock inventory value and overseeing availability of material to achieve sales plan in Southern Europe region.
- Ensure service level for customer. Manage urgencies to guarantee timely deliveries. Minimize late backlog, determining its root causes and eliminating them.
- Ensure the planning and procurement of material from Feeder Factories; drive regular discussion with FFs on inbound issues, planning parameters, reverse logistics, OTD.
- Ensure the definition and implementation of management procedures.
- Supervise all tactical and transactional purchasing activities including related periodical master data maintenance (planning bill, material master data, stock management policies per item, forecast to suppliers, etc.), adjusting planning parameters and replenishment plans according to demand.
- Validate Purchase Order Requisitions or Purchase Orders according to Release Strategy and Table of Authorities.
- Control the quality of the 3PL inventory data and validate any correction made from their side.
- Ensure periodical master data maintenance (planning bill, master data, stock management policies per item, forecast to FFs) adjusting planning parameter and replenishment plan according to demand.
- Develop effective relationships with RDC Southern Europe Team (especially Customer Service) and suppliers (FFs).
- Student (BS or MS) preferably in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Planning and Logistics processes and methodologies nice to have.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Italian.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to develop partnership relation with FFs and Customer Service.
- Stress-tolerant, good communication skills, intercultural understanding.
- Work well in Team structure, Results-oriented.
More about us
More about us We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Letizia Breviario, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate