Junior IS Solution Architect m/f/d (60-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Committed to strengthening our team in Baden-Dättwil, Switzerland, we are currently looking for an IS Solution Architect who can take responsibility for our local applications’ technical design. In this role you will be part of a small team of top-notch architects, which shapes the design of current and future applications at the business areas in Switzerland and at the local divisions.
This position reports to
- Design and develop the architecture of IS applications according to business demands as well as IS security and architecture guidelines.
- Ensure the technological alignment of IS applications with the existing application landscape and with the IS strategy, in close collaboration with the lead architects.
- Engage in requirement engineering to decide which business requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which requirements functionality enhancements are needed.
- Cooperate with functional analysts to identify requirements impacting the technical architecture of applications.
- Document technical architecture of newly implemented applications.
- Document technical architecture changes of existing applications.
- Involve in DevOps process implementation for in-house developed applications.
- Following ABB’s principle of lifelong learning, gain and share knowledge of the latest IS technology and industry trends within the scope of the relevant IS solutions.
- Higher degree in Computer Sciences or Business Informatics (University, University of Applied Sciences, Advanced Technical College), or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in an IT environment, as solution architect or functional analyst
- Experience with tools and applications that are used by ABB: C#, .NET Core and Entity Framework, DevOps MS Azure, MS SQL Server, MS Power Platform, M365
- Up-to-date knowledge of methods and trends in the IT market
- Experience in documenting the architecture of applications and business processes.
- Practical experience in requirements analysis and change management as well as with the software development lifecycle
- Scrum or general Agile knowledge and Design Thinking knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of Infosec requirements and guidelines
- Experience of collaboration with offshore resources is of advantage
- Ability to build good relationships and consensus across many stakeholders as well as the ability to operate and communicate with all management levels
- Strong ability to organize, coordinate and plan, with attention to details
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of German is a strong plus
- Flexible work practices
More about us
ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our pioneering drives, motors, generators, traction converters and mechanical power transmission products are driving the low-carbon future for industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation. Through our global presence we are always close to our customers. We help them optimize energy efficiency, improve safety and reliability and achieve precise control of their applications. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate