junior power electronics specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For ABB E-Mobility Technology Center located in San Giovanni Valdarno, we are looking for a Junior System Engineer in our R&D organization. You will design/develop the technology for the Electric Vehicle fast chargers and will work closely with a cross-functional product development team. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary and agile team within a large organization of researchers and expert engineers.
- Collaborate with the Integration and Testing team in the development of the test plans and their definition, as well as the verification and validation strategies.
- Define test cases for design validation and for pre-compliance testing and lead test cases execution, giving guidance to the team to respect deadlines.
- Contribute to the implementation, testing, and validation of software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure the EUT adherence to Industry Protocols and Standards.
- Ensure the inter-departmental technical coordination of the project team.
- Propose technical solutions for cutting-edge products at the system level.
- Propose and validate technical improvements with product managers and work closely with project leaders to facilitate the respect of project timelines.
- Bring the product from idea to implementation and build a strong R&D network and relationship with global R&D teams.
- Ensure adherence to ABB integrity and safety rules and regulations.
- A master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science with a solid background in complex system design and development.
- Previous experience in similar role would be a plus
- Comfortable in developing and in debugging real and simulated HW devices testing, both manual and automatic.
- Knowledge of common testing platforms and/or procedures (and the most used languages i.e. python) is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of EV Charging Industry Protocols and Standards is a plus (ISO 15118, IEC 63110, IEC 62196, IEC 61851).
- Be focused on results, teamwork, and customers with proven interpersonal and communication skills (both spoken and written), with the ability to influence others in the achievement of a common goal.
- A clear verbal communicator in English and, preferably, in Italian.
- Problem solving skills. Comfortable in a start-up mindset inserted in a global strong company. Team working skills in an international context.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Daniela Oprandi, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate