Local Communication Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will define, plan and ensure implementation of the local divisions internal and external communications strategy, meeting business targets and aligning with global communications strategy. You will drive outside-in thinking and ensure consistent brand positioning, aligned with the global division as well as ABB guidelines.
This position reports to
Global Channel Manager
- Strategy - Develop and drives the implementation of a coherent and consistent, integrated communication plan (both external and internal) and brand positioning in-line with the global division communications strategy and guidelines.
- Communication plans - Develop, recommend and execute targeted communications plans and messages including customer and partner communication, crisis communication, employee engagement and internal communication - with the objective of engaging and inspiring key stakeholders including customers, management, employees, trade media and interest groups.
- Keep target audience at the center of the communications plan to make the message as relevant as possible for each audience. Generate leads and nurtures existing customers through traditional and digital activities.
- Management support - Serve as a consultant to the local divisional management team to ensure quick recognition of timely opportunities and clear response to same. Support the local managing director and other key management with personal communications materials including presentations, speeches, articles.
- Content - Create editorial content suitable to promotional activities and stage of the buyers’ journey. This could include, but is not limited to, local success stories, press releases, videos scripts, social media posts, invitations, marketing automation campaigns, etc.
- KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) - Ensure targets and metrics for the initiatives are properly established and implemented. Review and evaluate results on a regular basis.
- Executional Excellence - Ensure executional excellence throughout the area of accountability for all communications measures in line with the global divisional communications strategy, brand positioning and corporate identity/corporate design guidelines. Own budget for local communications program
- Network - Be active in a positive and collaborative network of internal and external communication communities, including the US Motion communications team. Be the voice of the local division back up to the global division communications team
- Master's degree with minimum 6 years experience OR Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years experience OR Associate's degree with minimum 10 years experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Pardot - preferred.
- Excellent writing English skills – clear ability to write a press release or web story with a short briefing in a couple of hours.
- Ability to express technically complex content in easy-to-understand way. (A writing test will be mandatory).
- Strategic thinking and planning – able to plan and execute high quality communications on tough schedules while managing other projects.
- Experience and analytical competence with communication metrics, measurement and KPIs.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Onsite