to have the drive and genuine interest to develop our people and organization. We are looking for an experienced leader to drive profitability and growth across our key industry segments. You will be the champion to maintain and increase our market position by providing an end-to-end superior customer experience in addition to building and maintaining strong relationships with our partners and major customers. To this end, you have a skilled sales and operations team based in several different locations across Italy. This position is primarily based in Milan, Italy.
This position reports to
Region Europe Sales Manager
- Creates, plans and implements local sales strategy and strategic business development initiatives for the Division Measurement & Analytics.
- Implements the respective Business Lines strategy and ensures business development and profitable growth in the local market.
- Defines key sales targets and establishes appropriate metrics and measurement tools to monitor performance.
- Proactively anticipates and identifies shortfalls in performance and takes appropriate remedial action. Drives top and bottom line growth.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities with existing and potential new customers on a local basis, determines plans for implementation and allocates resources.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers in customer and potential customer organizations.
- Plans and implements customer surveys and acts on the results to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Participates in the negotiation of key regional/global contracts.
- Develops and manages relationships with channel partners to drive sales and revenue.
- Fully accountable for the P&L, organization, and sales targets in respect of both budget and sales efficiency (Orders, Revenues GM%, Cash Flow, SG&A, etc.)
- Supports local sales organizations to ensure achievement of sales volume and product mix targets.
- Monitors client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams.
- Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels including cyber security risks.
- Implements HSE and business compliance standards and regulations in the area of responsibility. Personally, lives the ABB values and Group standards.
- Ensures agreed service levels are maintained through efficient business and support functions in back-end sales processes, as well as shared platforms and tools.
- People leadership and development.
- Builds and manages an effective, capable and high performing sales organization, supporting sales, marketing, tendering, project management and order handling activities.
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- At least 8 years of Sales leadership experience, preferably in a large global / regional business environment. Track record of developing and executing strategic plans and delivering results in international environment.
- Prior experience with instrumentation and/or analytical measurement business strongly preferred.
- Strong business acumen, industrial market experience and customer centric approach.
- Good knowledge of sales processes and tools complemented with the courage and curiosity to challenge the norm to continuously improve.
- Fluent verbal and written Italian and English skills.
- Recognized as a strong team player, appreciated for collaboration, shaping and supporting a diverse and inclusive culture.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Gaia Pinto, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate