Machine Operator-CNC 3 (Set-up) 1st Shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Sets up and operates multiple CNC machines/manufacturing processes of diverse functions under minimal or no supervision using advanced manufacturing knowledge. Has high level of proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the operation of CNC equipment.
- Sets up and operates multiple CNC machines/manufacturing processes of diverse functions. Has advanced and specialized manufacturing/quality knowledge. Using own judgement, makes complex machine and program adjustments at floor management direction to produce a quality part in a timely manner. Is familiar with and uses dispatch list at floor management direction. Possesses highest level of flexibility, skill and experience setting up, programming and operating a variety of CNC machines. Works effectively as a member of a work team. Actively involved in cross-training and assists co-workers in cross-training. Responsible for training and/or monitoring CNC Is and CNC IIs at floor management direction.
- Reads work instructions to determine job specifications, machine adjustments, and material requirements. Makes general decisions as to quality, tolerances, and operation sequence.
- The operator is responsible for producing a quality product using the quality plans and work instructions.
- Documents work completed using the manufacturing system.
- Analyzes and makes major/minor adjustments and edits to CNC equipment and controls to adhere to established specifications.
- Awareness of procedures to use around hazardous materials. Recognizes HAZMAT conditions and alerts appropriate personnel.
- Uses dial calipers, snap gauges or micrometers.
- Monitors work to ensure that machine /equipment is not malfunctioning and takes corrective action.
- Stacks, marks, packs, and transports finished work pieces.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic Qualifications: High school graduate/GED required. Minimum of three (3) years CNC machine experience, including multi-functional equipment.
- Qualifications: Ability to use shop mathematics, drawings, and measuring tools. Capable of training co-workers. Able to follow quality plans and work instructions.
- Physical Demands: Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and communicate and occasionally to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift up to 35 pounds. Visual abilities required may include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.