Marketing Communications Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Marketing Communications Specialist and will be reporting to Local Business Area Communications Manager and will be a part of Motion – Drive Products located in Bangalore, India. Implement assigned marketing communications activities through all available communications tools according to Group guidelines, directives and messages and in the frame of an approved budget.
- Develops and implements communication programs and messages including customer success stories, case studies, articles, employee and management interviews, short format POVs, script for a/v.. etc.
- Work in close collaboration with subject matter specialists to build strong and cohesive content. Bring a creative way of thinking to all projects and ensure deliverables have zero/minimum errors and are consistent with the ABB style guide
- Ensures executional excellence throughout the area of responsibility for all communications measures in line with brand positioning, corporate identity/design guidelines and global strategy. Attention to detail, adherence to agreed timelines and quick turn around on assignments will be critical to the role
- Supports key management with personal communications, manage marketing materials including presentations, product brochures, speech, articles, and employee communication
- Assist in planning and organizing customer seminars, exhibition and employee meetings
- Actively recommend and contribute to cross-Business /Division communications projects. Advises on communications programs and channels to maximize cost efficiency and minimize overlap among businesses
- Implements agreed communications plan applying all effective media, manages production and supplier coordination
- Relevant 5 to 8 years of work experience in B2B, manufacturing, electrical, electronic or allied industries. Post graduate degree in communications/ marketing / branding / mass comm
- Excellent writing skills – marketing communication material, articles for trade and business media, internal memos, communication notes, etc
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills with the ability to collaborate with peers, cross-functional teams and other key internal stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated, individually driven, self-discipline, organized, and focused
- Strong detail and deadline orientation and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, and Excel
- Comfortable with digital and social communications platforms
More about us
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. Work model: on site #LI-onsite