Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an Operation Manager for Process Automation Business Area in Taipei City, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, you will be responsible for local or regional management of all project execution activities in the area of responsibility. Ensure operations are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, and schedule commitments.
This position reports to
Local Division Manager
- Leading implementation of continuous improvements for the project execution strategy for the local or regional project operation under the guidance of the Global Project Operations Manager
- Ensuring that the regional/ local portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and ABB Policies
- Leading and overseeing the project execution teams locally/regionally, ensuring that ABB Policies are consistently followed. Developing, customizing, and continuously improving standard processes and work instructions by adopting ABB and external best practices
- Participating in Sales and Operations planning with other members of the Local Division/Business Line/Product Group management team, and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capacity
- Supervising project execution and performance management through project reviews with management and Project Managers to ensure contract fulfilment, and approves any project deviations
- Ensuring that projects consistently apply contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
- Being responsible for budget, forecast, and management of the cost spending of the local PES cost centers, to reach the budgeted resource utilization targets
- Supporting the development and qualification of possible local suppliers
- A Degree/Postgraduate in Electrical/Electronics Engineering is desired but can be compensated with good project management, engineering knowledge, leadership, and attitude to learn.
- Electrical engineering background with administration and management training with relevant experience in a similar industry
- Experience in project management tools and techniques, engineering, and service
- Business administration skills, i.e., forecasting, budget, planning, etc.
- Knowledge of Marine & Ports, e.g., Electrical Control of Cranes, and Electrical Propulsion, is a plus
- Highly adaptable, intuitive, customer-focused, self-motivated, good planner and a team player
- Fluency in English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Transportation Allowance
More about us
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid