Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Process Quality has the role of deploying and facilitating the quality culture in E-Mobility business, ensuring and controlling quality to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations, and representing the customer’s voice within local teams, leading improvement on manufacturing processes. Reporting to the Local Product Group Quality Manager, you will have in charge product and process quality performance and reliability. On this role you will be mainly engaged in guarantee that assembly and testing processes have stable performance and are driven to ensure compliance of the product for electrical vehicle charging to requirements and specification. You will also define process control plan and apply inspection techniques, lead and support problem solving process, drive corrective actions to improve product performance, managing all aspects in line with guidance from ABB Group/division/business area. Act with safety, efficiency, quality and productivity to assure that products meet stated requirements. This role is based in our Valdarno Plant.
This position reports to
- Support in Design for Manufacturing activities the new Product Industrialization team in order to prevent issues during series production, applying FMEA approach to identify weakness and improve them and defining control plan.
- Lead and assist the team in problem solving, driving corrective and preventive action application, defining lesson learnt, maintaining the quality process documentation up to date.
- KPIs monitoring and reporting to the team to discuss and define improvement projects; manage correctly warehouse in charge to Process Quality for no conform parts (both from physical and economical aspects) declaring clearly disposition about related final use. Manage periodical inventory.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in operation.
- Utilize safety systems to perform work, resulting in an accident-free workplace. Notify others when unsafe situations are observed and works with local safety teams to improve the safety systems.
- Support and train team and operators in basic quality procedures, verifying the correct understanding in order to ensure product quality strongly focused to Customer satisfaction;
- Assist repair operator supporting in repair cycles definition (PFMEA approach as to lead this activity); cooperate with product quality, customer quality and service in escalation processes in case of no conformance originated in production floor.
- Support in internal QHSE integrated process and layered audit program, take in charge corrective actions answering on time; support in third party audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial, Electronic, Electrotechnical or Electrical Engineering.
- Less than 2 years of professional experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing electrical, electronic and electrotechnical systems; Experienced in reading schematics for circuit designs.
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies for industrial quality applications – especially Statistical Process Control [SPC], Lean Six Sigma, Process Capability (Cp, CpK), and/or Process Performance (Pp, PpK) Analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, familiar to work approaching with failure analysis methods (FMEA approach is a requirement); Strong approach to Continuous improvement and problem solving. Ability to communicate effectively with internal groups (this may be necessary to discuss about defects, changes and influence decisions).
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English.
- Familiar with ISO9001. Knowledge of IATF16949 is a plus.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Daniela Oprandi, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate