Procurement and Logistics Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage. Mission Statement: Support the implementation, maintenance, and compliance of Supply Chain Management (SCM). Executes assigned activities based on the standard procedures.
- Screen supplier capabilities including performing organizational, financial, health and safety and process capability assessments in accordance with ABBs corporate supplier and subcontractor qualification policies and procedures.
- Request quotations, coordinating with technical or category management specialists to ensure proper communication of requirements.
- Analyze supplier proposals and select the best qualified offer.
- Lead, and participate in negotiations whereas in the Front-end sales and Project Execution, including pricing and the establishment of supply contracts or master service agreements compliant with legal, customer requirements and ABB policies.
- Issue purchase orders and supplements in accordance with established policies and procedures in the purchase order cycle.
- Understand BL specific targets and design and implement a plan for local sourcing to reach the targets.
- Detect areas for strategic procurement initiatives and develop a roadmap from detection to implementation.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations of supplier performance and identify performance issues. Communicate with suppliers regarding improvement needs and maintain a healthy relationship with key suppliers.
- Enforce terms and conditions of contracts in compliance with legal requirements and Company policy.
- Resolve non-conformance issues and claims in a timely manner to minimize Company exposure.
- Develop continuous improvement programs or projects related to vendors or the ordering process.
- Analyze current purchasing practices and develop strategic plans to improve KPI’s for specific purchasing categories.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management, Economics, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field, working as buyer of direct materials and services for Industrial solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with international team and standard operating procedures.
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP.
- French and English, both written and spoken.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills. Proactivity, teamwork skills, problem solving, and result orientation
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. #LI-hybrid