Procurement Specialist with German
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability. Becoming part of our Operational Procurement Team, you will participate in an exciting journey of optimizing ABB costs by delivering high level services to our internal customers within Procurement area. To do so you will closely collaborate with vendors, Procurement Team Members and internal stakeholders across Europe.
This position reports to
- Collecting information (Supplier request)- cooperation with the requestor who wants to have a new supplier registered, spend estimation, MDF definition, project scope and location, how the supplier was selected, was the process part of competitive bidding, defining additional requirements (https://e.g. does NDA is required)
- Supplier registration: evaluating supplier responses, selecting purchasing organization and company codes (MGD relevant content)
- Supplier qualification: sending of questionnaires, analysis of responses together with strategic procurement, ensuring approvals are granted (follow up on approval process), selecting appropriate departments for approval
- Cooperation with strategic procurement
- Constant contact with supplier, providing both clarifications and technical support to suppliers.
- Organizing calls with suppliers and Ariba technical support when needed
- Main point of contact for any SQ issues/questions
- Verifying GUID numbers
- Constant updating and maintaining of supplier account data in Ariba
- Participating in UATs, recurring calls with internal and global teams
- Requesting, verifying and archiving the required qualification documentation (ABB Global Terms and Conditions, ABB Code of Conduct, ISO Certificates, Bank Documentation etc.)
- Proficient in business English (B2/C1) and German (B2/C1)
- At least 1-2 years of experience in corporate environment, ideally in operational procurement/SCM area
- Excellent communication skills and team work spirit
- Customer focus with proactive attitude
- Negotiation skills will be an asset
- Hands-on experience of working with SAP Ariba would a plus
- Advanced Excel skills would be a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology. • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment. • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills. • Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance. • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program. • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities. To apply for the position, please send your application via our page. We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate