Product Development Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Product Development Specialist for Process Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for production running support in terms of Master data maintenance, problem solving, production set-up of new production line, quality improvement and continuous improvement.
This position reports to
Production Engineering Manager
- Managing the project and process of introducing new products into production for the local factory
- Transferring product and process knowledge from feeder factories or local RD team to local team, training and qualify operator to ensure they have proper skill to produce new product
- Obtain or create documents/drawing/template etc to ensure local production smoothly
- Supporting Certification (NEPSI, PAC, etc.) application and take sub-project as required
- Being responsible for daily production support and timely update the WI to ensure a smooth and trouble-free operation
- Setting up product testing process to ensure that the product meets the requirement specification
- Being responsible for Change Management Process, handling of Engineering Order Change (ECN) and make changes in SAP and ensure the proper roll out of the changes in production via the tracking sheet
- At least 3 years working experience in a related Engineering environment. Candidates who have worked in any of the following departments will be considered in Research/Design and development, Test, quality control, Lean Manufacturing, Production engineering / Industrial engineering, Technical Support & Product management
- Microsoft office programs including: Excel, Work and Power point, (Projects is advantageous)
- SAP BOM and material creation (basically SAP MM/PP modules)
- Some skilled user of CAD - ProEngineer or AutoCAD
- Fluent English speaking and good in writing
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.