Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Product Engineer for Electrification Business Area in Xiamen, China, you will be responsible for leading and executing the product localization project to ensure timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Supporting and executing for new product development project industrialization to ensure timeframe, quality and cost requirements
- Providing technical support for improvement projects such as OPEX saving, FPY, second source, etc.
- Leading of engineering change implementation in manufacturing unit
- Clarifying product/part requirement and perform sample evaluation
- Leading trial production & small batch production for the quality validation
- Leading PFMEA and support for supplier audit
- Providing support to production and other departments during the internal/external process/equipment start-up
- Collecting and evaluating necessary mold budget for mass production operation and the new product development
- Being responsible for mold investment application evaluation and decision making
- At least 3 years working experience with min. 1 years’ experience in product design
- Understanding the Function design method, good at using function design method including tolerance analyzing
- Proficient of MS office, well understand AutoCAD, CREO or UG
- Have strong analytical skills and good communication skills, know how to observe, analyze the results caused by process changes or design issue, and takes rapid actions to prevent them beforehand.
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering materials, e.g. metals, plastics, etc.
- Familiar with moulds and jigs
- A B.Sc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or relevant fields
- Ability to work independently without supervision and able to handle high volumes of work.
- Familiar with problem solving tools such as Lean Six Sigma, FMEA, DOE, FMEA, SPC, MSA, etc.
- Good of oral, reading and express technical solutions in English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.