Product Marketing Specialist (Central)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Product Marketing Specialist (Central) involves matters such as technical specifications and acceptance, commercial agreements, proposal development, technical channel management and resolve related, complex protection, control, automation, and Solution architecture.
This position reports to
Sales Support Manager
- Grow Digital Systems double digits annually.
- Critical to success: This individual must develop strong internal and external relationships with ABB sales teams, ABB channels, end customers and other ABB businesses resources with special focus on end customer.
- Evaluate customer needs and develop & implement business strategies to achieve customer acceptance and adoption of ABB Digital Solutions portfolio. Determine appropriate technical, marketing & contractual approach consistent the organization’s objectives.
- Develop & execute action plans for targeted customers.
- Organize and lead project teams consisting of various support groups to respond effectively to unique business opportunities in the marketplace. Determine commercial viability of products and resources required.
- Negotiate commercial features and arrangement with potential business partners, customers, and internal businesses while effective representing ABB. Provide guidance and training to staff, channel, establish standards, manage, and document performance and develop associated
- Develop 5-year strategic plan for the regional segment.
- Develop business relationships with customer executives, inform them of ABB’s technological developments and new products, assist them in solving complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Must work well within a team environment.
- Candidate must be willing to travel as necessary for account support, estimate >50% of the time.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Business with overall, 5 -7 years of technical, application and marketing experience.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have Solutions experience containing low & medium voltage protection, automation, and Solutions experience. Programming experience with multiple types of automation and HMI products/vendors in areas of Microgrid, Paralleling switchgear both in Low Voltage, Medium Voltage power distribution system operation and equipment, with knowledge in HMI development, Networking infrastructures and cloud-based solutions.
- A background in relay, switchgear, transformer, recloser and breaker technologies a plus.
- Familiarity of the approval and procurement process of targeted customer segment is desired.
- Must exercise considerable creativity in developing and implementing approaches tailored to individual customers, based on knowledge of customer requirements. Must be able to analyze market and competitive trends and products and recommend action plans leading to new ABB sales.
- The ideal candidate will be able to explain in a clear and persuasive manner the technical merits of the assigned solutions in direct contact with customers, consultants and channel members and be able to create customer confidence in ABB products and solutions.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote