Product Testing Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For ABB eMobility, located in San Giovanni Valdarno, we are looking for an R&D Product Testing Engineer. The profile will focus on the testing activities during the product development phases to finally validate the design at system level of our electrical vehicles chargers applications. You will be part of our development team in the R&D organization responsible from the idea generation to the mass production for high power chargers in the level between 100KW to MW with all the competences to manage these systems: Electrical, Power conversion, Electronic embedded, Firmware, Software, Thermal, Mechanics. Your workflow will be part of ABB gate model development process where you need to coordinate your work with the entire development team.
This position reports to
R&D Local Unit Lead
- Build-up the test validation plan to execute and validate each prototype stage from the initial proof of concept up to the final Design Validation Test before the release to the production.
- Owner of the full verification and validation product design process such as : performances validation, thermal verification, product standard compliance test, EMC, Software and Hardware integration test, design margin verification, vehicle interoperability test, Functional test, power quality both for AC and DC sides.
- Test execution and test report generator according to the test plan, addressing the instrumentation to be used and the verification of standard and product requirements.
- Sharing the test results with the complete development team and drive the improvement process to meet the product requirements.
- Keep update all the test plan based on the evolution of the standards or the lesions learn.
- Development of automatic product testing to improve the time-to-market.
- Master degree in electronic/electrical engineering or STEM disciplines with a solid background in laboratory context.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a medium-high range company focus on design and production as Electrical/Electronic engineer.
- Strong System approach in problem solving. Electrical safety expert to conduct the test up to 1.5KV and up to 1MW.
- Strong knowledge of electrical measurements. Strong knowledge of electronic laboratory instruments (DC and AC sources, power analyzer, oscilloscopes, etc.). Good skills in hand-on jobs (preparation of test set-ups, cable harnessing, etc.).
- Knowledge of Linux embedded system and data logging.
- Good knowledge of data analysis method and writing test reports. Good knowledge of Switching power convert.
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or C (script development for automatic test and data analysis and algorithm design).
- Flexibility and creativity to accept proactively the daily challenges to provide the best solution; A creative problem solving is your key success factor. You have to be comfortable in a Start-up mindset insert in to a global strong company. Agility, as capacity to change direction fast, is the recommended soft skill to drive the success of the business. Team working in an international context is your main support.
- Fluent in English.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Daniela Oprandi, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate