Program Lead – Hardware Platform & Technologies
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Program Lead – Hardware Platform & Technologies, you will be responsible for managing project portfolios and programs or the execution of one or more global and cross functional larger/strategic R&D projects to meet and ensure adherence to project targets. You will ensure programs are being planned and executed on time, on cost and on budget with primary focus on the Hardware Platforms & Technologies. You will report to the Development Program Management Office Lead, and you will be part of the Development Program Management Office Team, which consists of >20 employees. Your team members are based in different parts of the world, bringing a diverse set of cultures and skills. Therefore, you can be based in Delft (NL) or San Giovanni Valdarno (IT). The team has a drive for collaboration, focus, responsibility and transparency. Ensuring value creation for the most important software projects. Will you answer the call to be the heart and soul of our daily coordination?
- Project leadership - Leads and manages project teams/projects managers in complex, multisite, global projects, programs and portfolios with high technical and/or business risks.
- Motivates and monitors internal and/or external resources to accomplish all targets.
- Coaches and mentors R&D Project Managers and shares lessons learned.
- Project, program and portfolio management - Oversees the management of cost, schedule and performance objectives of the projects within the program or portfolio.
- Manages interdependencies between projects/programs in order to realize specified benefits. Ensures appropriate requirements within a program portfolio by partnering with relevant business unit/s or other customers.
- Value management - Ensures understanding of customer value.
- Evaluates business/market requirements and innovation, engages stakeholders in defining value and integrates feedback into activities and proposal for program/portfolio content to senior management
- Project execution and control - Ensures projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB eMoblity internal directives and procedures as well as external standards etc. that influence activities and targets.
- Effectively organizes, monitors and controls activities to ensure achievement of planned stagegates and efficient utilization of available resources.
- Monitors and controls program/portfolio cost and financials. Reports to and take directives from various steering committees.
- Manage uncertainties and risks - Ensures transparency around change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensures that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensures that all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Stakeholder relations - Serves as the key contact and escalation point for the portfolio/program stakeholders.
- Effectively engages and communicates appropriate information to stakeholders to achieve desired buy-in, understanding and support.
- Collaboration - Leads in partnership with business leads, steering committees, horizontal and functional functions other internal functions and external parties.
- Ensures product creation by coordinating significantly with product management and business management.
- Projects, processes and tools - Develops and facilitates the implementation of project management requirements, processes, methods, techniques, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Actively shares knowledge across organizational boundaries.
- People leadership and development - Ensures that people processes are in place to enable the appropriate organization, competence and skills to exist or be developed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect employees with the support of HR processes.
- Relevant master or PhD degree, with a solid technical background (e.g. Information Technology, Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience on leading and managing complex releases/projects and coordinating the work of multi-location and cross-functional project teams.
- Experience in working with suppliers, contract manufacturers and leading negotiations.
- Experience with software is a plus
- A collaborative, pro-active, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Flexible and creative
- Understanding of innovation and research driven business environment and strong capability to structure various projects to facilitate decision making
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment; manage multiple demands on your time, in cross-functional, virtual and international teams
- Willingness to travel
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via [email protected] or +31 6 21 89 62 66