Program & Transformation Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible to lead the identification, planning and coordination of a set of related projects within a program, and a group of different programs within a portfolio, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies and objectives of large strategic IS programs within a portfolio. You will also maintain the strategic view over the set of projects, programs and portfolio, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives or large-scale change, and communicating the vision of the outcome of the program/portfolio and associated benefits.
- Ensure alignment of portfolios and programs to business strategy, through strategic and/or periodic planning and reviews and establish effective governance for portfolios and programs. Define, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule, and detailed work allocation for the projects within the programs and portfolio.
- Proactively collaborate with key Business and IS Stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment and to support an ongoing program of change to improve consumer-oriented services, processes and products as prioritized based on business needs within the portfolio. Balance quality and cost objectives.
- Is responsible for the oversight and continuous monitoring of deliverables throughout the life cycle of the program(s) and the portfolio. Coordinate, as the Portfolio Manager, between various programs in order to ensure that things stay on track and that the organization is meeting its overarching strategic initiatives.
- Is responsible for the delivery/output product of the program and portfolio, which consists of one or more projects (programs), on time, in scope, and within agreed quality and cost/budget. Coordinate and prioritize program tasks, manage timelines, maintain program plans, and communicate status to key stakeholders. Effectively organize, monitor and control activities to ensure achievement of planned stage-gates and efficient utilization of available resources.
- Monitor and report program(s) status and manage the budget and all financials associated with the program(s) and portfolio. Business value realization through successful program delivery and implementation.
- Proactively stay informed about any change in strategy, and is consulted regarding any change or other project which might have a major impact on the program and portfolio. Ensure that all stakeholders adhere to the strategic processes and standards within budget and timetable. Develop and communicate status updates along with strategic changes. Identify risks and issues across programs and portfolios which affect the realization of strategic goals and business benefits and contribute to the improvement of policies, standards and processes.
- Serve as the key contact for the program and portfolio stakeholders, and as escalation point for project/program/portfolio issues. Effectively communicate appropriate information to stakeholders promptly to achieve desired understanding and support, while managing expectations and relationships and making sure the stakeholders are satisfied with the program outcomes.
- Ensure projects within the program follow sound methodology and execution practices in ac-accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures. Ensure appropriate ABB IS Project Management standards and methods are followed. Execute, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACI specification. Adherence to Corporate IS Policies and Procedures, as well as to both internal regulations and external legislation falls within the area of responsibility of this job.
- Coordinate the resources allocated to the portfolio, program, and the projects within the pro-gram, defining main guidelines and motivating and monitoring internal and/or external re-sources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Allocate responsibilities and/or packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities. Delegate responsibilities as appropriate. Set performance targets, and monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Provide effective feedback. Proactively ensure effective working relationships within the team and with those whom the team interacts with. Provide guidance or support to temporary work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice without carrying line responsibility.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Business Engineering or equivalent
- Outstanding influence skills to drive transformation across the whole IS community
- Enthusiasm for continuously improving the IS experience, making it more enjoyable and productive for consumers
- Strong leadership skills and superior expertise in project and portfolio management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence and coordinate with team members and senior management
- Excellent resource planning and task management skills
- Excellent experience in financial management and controlling for the projects and overall program
- Proven ability to build solid relationships with the customers based on trust, professionalism and transparency
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to build effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to prioritize customer and consumer needs for a successful outcome
- Organization, time management, decision making, negotiation, optimism, flexibility, persistence, quality and results orientation
- Ability to facilitate an effective retrospective meetings, also with challenging audience (anxiety, helplessness, apathy, detachment, resignation, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with virtual teams in international environment
More about us
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid