Project Contracts Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Project Contracts Manager, you will leading the creation, negotiations, awarding, execution, monitoring, and closure of the contracts and agreements with the external service parties such as installation contractors You will be part of the Global Project Management department of the Destination Business Segment which consists of >5 employees. You will be based either in Delft or Eindhoven interacting with the colleagues from the wide array of cultures and backgrounds. The team has a drive for collaboration, focus, responsibility and transparency.
- Establishment the contract strategy for the Project/Program (this includes the Contract Risk Management approach)
- Co-leading the definition (scouting) as well as the evaluation of the bidders (prospective contractors) in close cooperation with the countries’ and global procurement and other internal departments
- Creation of the scope of work for bidding packages (RFIs, RFQs and RFPs) as well as the co-definition/development of the entire bidding packages together with Legal Department and other parties
- Creation of the scope of work for the prospective contracts as well as the co-definition of the entire contract together with Legal Department
- Active participation and contribution to the Contract Negotiations
- Owning the timeline for the bid comparisons, evaluations, shortlisting, etc.
- Implementation of the uniform reporting and information exchange requirements
- Performance management (KPIs, follow ups, etc.)
- Implementation of the Risk Management Strategy (including claim avoidance and claim management)
- Management of the contract close outs
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree, with a solid technical background (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Economics)
- Minimum 3+ years of working experience in the Contract Manager Role or role which is similar in nature.
- Familiarity with the basic legal frameworks and solid content knowledge of the Contractual and commercial frameworks (for instance FIDIC) with the demonstrated ability to apply those.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Methodologies (when applied to Contract Management).
- Overall knowledge of electrical systems.
- Proactivity, independence and ability to work in the fast-paced industry
- Ability to create a Contracting Strategy which is tailored to the Project/Program needs.
- Experience of working (as a Contract- or an Overall Responsible Project Manager at the Client side) with the installation/construction contractors in Western Europe.
- Overall knowledge of electrical systems (to the extent that allows to manage the contracts successfully).
- Excellent knowledge of English language (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the other main Western-European languages is highly advantageous for this position.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Europe.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/ Our offer: We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Are you interested in joining ABB E-mobility? We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Tessa van den Hoek, Talent Partner, via [email protected]