Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be responsible for the financial activities for specific projects including the acquisition, analyses, and maintenance of financial data related information and the reconciliation of discrepancies related to projects. You will also introduce measures to ensure compliance with changes in legislation and to promote cost-effective accounting methods.
This position reports to
Senior Business Controller
- Review and take joint responsibility with Tender Manager on financial, commercial and tax aspects. Ensure that tender calculation is done correctly, prepare cash-flow and exposure curve. Participate or provide input to negotiations on contractual terms and conditions (clients, consortia, subcontractors, suppliers). Participate and provide input in local and global risk review process.
- Prepare a Project Financial Execution Plan (as part of an overall Project Execution Plan covering all financial, commercial and tax aspects such as permanent establishment, revenue recognition methods, billing plan, payment securities, consortium administration, import duties, etc.). Responsible for the accuracy of the project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast. Prepare project invoices, manage currency risk, tax issues, bonds and guarantees, financial accounting and reporting (including project site accounting), drive and seek for optimization of project cash flow, Revenues and GM contribution together with Project Director.
- Establish project governance process. Participate in opportunity/risk identification, ensuring that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. Drive, coordinate and prepare monthly project reviews jointly with the Project Manager. Review and have joint responsibility with the Project Manager for all financial aspects of the project including estimate at completion and related cost-to-complete, forecasted Revenues and Cash Flow, Risks and Opportunities assessment and ensure alignment with other functions including Project Controls, planning/scheduling.
- Promote commercial awareness in the project team and provide commercial input to the project execution plan (such as T&Cs in supply management, claims, back-to-back conditions). Drive claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitor the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager upstream (towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as downstream (towards suppliers).
- Perform necessary activities for month-end close, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and monthly reporting. Ensure backlog forecast is in alignment with project schedules.
- Conduct special studies and work with other departments on such matters as preparation of reports, development of procedures and controls, and processing of expenses.
- Work with suppliers, auditors, consultants, agency representatives and employees to explain practices, respond to questions, and resolve or assist in resolving discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus 5 years of Project Controller, Finance and/or Accounting experience.
- Must be able to communicate complex financial subjects to upper management.
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying due dates.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and experience with SAP.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid