Project Design Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Project Design Engineer for Process Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for making detailed analyzer system (house, cubicle, shelter, and rack) design for the projects in compliance with application project technical specifications, codes, and international standards related to analyzer systems.
This position reports to
- Being a main design area covers sample conditioning system, analyzer technology, E&I, Automation & network system
- Supporting production to make sure the fabrication is executed in line with design and client’s technical requirement
- Supporting test engineer in the workshop to delivery internal and factory acceptance test for design analyzer systems
- Supporting field service team remotely to conduct site acceptance test and commissioning
- Collecting the documentation from suppliers as per project SDRL.
- Consolidating final documentation and proceed submission to client upon project completion.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a
- positive customer experience throughout the project process
- Identifying potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically
- evaluating supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborating with Supply Chain
- Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemical engineering, automation engineering or equivalent
- Experience in engineering in the field of Analytical is preferred
- Business level in verbal and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools in Words, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skill with AutoCAD is an advantage
- Ability to work in systematic and structured manner to ensure tasks are performed efficiently with
- minimal use of resources, time and effort
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.