Project Engineering Manager - MES
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Project Engineering Manager, you will head a team of Designers and Engineers in ABB Oy, Process Industries Division, guiding and coaching them, and developing their skills and knowledge. In this role, you will oversee engineering projects, delivering high-quality, cost-effective and timely engineering solutions to customers, in line with the contract, safety and quality requirements. This position can be located in Helsinki, Varkaus, Tampere or Oulu. Benefits we offer at the moment include e.g. an annual performance bonus, a flexible working model, subsidized lunch, development & training, employee share ownership program, benefits for families with children, sports, massage and cultural benefits and many hobby clubs.
This position reports to
Regional General Manager - Digital, Europe
- Managing and leading the team in developing, implementing, and facilitating successful on-boarding of Pulp & Paper MES solutions for our customers.
- Ensuring project completion within assigned budget and on time as well as driving quality and productivity improvement.
- Managing the end-to-end technical sales support.
- Developing strategic partnership with OPC (Operations Centers), other regional engineering teams, and engineering solutions providers to manage resources requirements.
- Ensuring that our digital solutions and value proposition are aligned with customer requirements and business objectives.
- Being responsible for providing engineering estimate to Proposal team and completing project delivery risk assessment.
- Developing and executing strategic plan for skills enhancement, team augmentation within the region to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Providing direction and mentoring to sales team to ensure selection of the right projects.
- 10+ years’ experience driving digital project execution for complex global organizations, ideally in a B2B environment (process, energy, software, technology, automation) and hands-on experience of the OT/software industry business with focus on digitalization and Industrial Software.
- Extensive project execution experience in the implementation of MES solutions, through a full lifecycle from requirements gathering to aftermarket support. Solid understanding of customer data integration requirements.
- Clear understanding of architecture, data integration and interfacing across distributed control and information systems including ERP, LIMS, Planning & Scheduling, Order Management, Production Ac-counting, etc.
- Deep experience in the industrial software environment and specifically in Pulp & Paper.
- Ability to deliver complex deliverables under demanding timelines. Being flexible with changes and keeping the customer focused and staying within the scope of the engagement.
- Excellent team management, communication and networking skills matured in a highly international organization. Change management experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Finnish both written and spoken, additional languages are an advantage.
- Ability to travel regionally as required.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field.
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products, and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage. In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities. Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by March 28, 2023. We look forward to receiving your application in English. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid