Project Lead Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Project Lead Engineer, you will play a key role in the Electrification business area in the Electrification business, based in Dalmine. You will be technical lead for all engineering activities in assignments classified as low engineering complexity and ensure that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
This position reports to
Service Project Management Manager
- Technical contribution: Evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform task or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with few complex features. Execute assignments using established solutions.
- Act as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Collaborate on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors. Provide technical support to commissioning and start-up activities.
- Sales support & Customer: Assist in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates. Assist in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal. Interact with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attend project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments.
- Contract management & Planning and control: Support Project Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.) Create work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
- Risk and opportunity management: Evaluate risks and opportunities, strategize mitigation of one’s engineering projects/programs. Support the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions. Identify opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Supply chain management: Oversee the creation of subcontracts and manage subcontractors jointly with other involved functions, including supply chain management.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Collaborate and network with engineering colleagues within ABB. Share best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Utilize standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensure that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- People leadership and development: Lead, supervise and coordinate the team in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on low complexity projects. Lead single or multi-discipline engineering team of 6 resources.
- Degree in engineering, technical background.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Autocad and SAP.
- People management skills.
- Business level of English and Italian, both written and spoken.
- Availability to short business travel.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills will complete your profile.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite Your benefits: • Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology • Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment • Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills • Get private medical care (including offers for family members) • Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits • Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities • Smartworking For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate