Project Lead Engineer_LCS
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Project Lead Engineer_LCS role, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager in Business Area - India Operations Centre, Process Automation (INOPC PA) based in Bangalore, India. You will be primarily responsible to provide the technical lead and coordination for all DCS engineering activities in service for assignments classified as medium & high service engineering complexity. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. Ensure that activities related to all Service engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Leading & delivering advanced application engineering for DCS system in service portfolio as per customer functional specifications
- Ensuring that engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, and quality
- Authorizing engineering deliverables acting as the overall design authority (Coordinating engineer) for all applicable engineering disciplines. Being responsible engineer (design authority) for DCS – Service discipline and completing engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Creating proposals and engineering solutions. Driving the change management (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Creating schedules and have good process for planning and control
- Ensuring completion of project related risk assessments and opportunity assessments and supporting the project manager in the overall project risk and opportunity assessment, (e.g., variation orders and claims) and implementation of resulting actions for own project responsibilities.
- Being the technical lead for all engineering disciplines on a project. Interacting with customers and stakeholders and others. Attending project review meetings and presenting all technical aspects of project assignments
- BE/B tech in instrumentation, electronics & communication
- Minimum 9-14 years of experience in Process Automation – especially in the field of Oil & Gas/ Refineries /Petrochemicals and Power & Water
- Experience is Process Control Automation system - Hardware & Application Engineering, HMI Engineering, Library development, 3rd party Communication, FAT and SAT
- Migration Experience - Legacy system to latest DCS system.
- Knowledge on UNIX, Windows, .NET, Process /Fire & Gas Protection Systems / Emergency Shutdown Systems, IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 Standards, field instrumentation (sensors, transducers, drives related to Pressure, Flow, Temperature, Level etc.…)
- Experience in Leading DCS - Brownfield scope of work, Application Modifications, Retrofits, System Upgrades, Services, Commissioning, ABB systems like 800xA, MOD 300, SG400, Advant, AC800M, Harmony, Infi90, Melody, Process Portal B, Symphony Plus will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Advance Services - Cybersecurity, Process Performance Optimization will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge on interfaces (Profibus, Modbus, OPC, IEC61850, etc.)
- Good knowledge of network engineering and IT developments (PC handling, Windows applications, PC configurations, virus scanners, interfaces, backup)
- Technical lead Experience in Virtualization concepts, ESXi Setup, Raid configuration and VMware Configuration, configuring MacAfee epo, WSUS
- Knowledge in designing System and Network Hardening and develop detailed Cyber security designs
- Working knowledge on Domain configuration and Active directory configuration for larger systems includes defining group policies, Managed switches, Routers and Firewalls
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. Work model: on site #LI-onsite