Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Project Manager for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Tokyo, Japan, you will be responsible for leading the execution of Auto OEM projects (and critical projects) and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environmental requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. The local legal entity of this position is ABB K.K.
This position reports to
Auto OEM Manager
- Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Defining, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow.
- Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Capturing, analyses and sharing lessons learned throughout the project.
- Ensuring that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinating with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers
- Acting as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies
- At least 10 years’ experience of project management in the industrial area (Automotive Industry is preferred )
- Negotiation skill with customers
- Leadership to execute a project and to resolve problems
- Experience in team management and mind set of work as a team
- A strong solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain activity
- Experience in business communication with domestic and overseas suppliers
- Fluent in both Japanese and English (Business level required)
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Transportation Allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.