Project Manager - Robotics m/f/d
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Project Manager leads projects with the objective of completing all stages of the project to the satisfaction of the customer within the budget and within the given timeframe, all stages of the project contributing to the satisfaction of the satisfaction, while safeguarding the company's interests, from the time the order is placed until the end of the the end of the warranty period. You will work with sales engineers, business managers, sales administration, purchasing department sales administration, purchasing, planning, technical services and other ABB entities (e.g. production plants). As well as with our customers, suppliers, subcontractors and local authorities.
- Lead the project team, defining the project guidelines, assigning tasks, motivating and controlling resources (internal and external) for a successful completion of the project in accordance with the ABB process.
- Prepare project reviews: update risks and opportunities, validate costs charged to the project, re-estimate the budget to finish, update the project schedule
- project schedule, update action plans, follow up on invoicing and payments.
- Verify that payment conditions are met, initiate invoicing and justify schedule deviations with the Sales Administration department.
- Lead project reviews.
- Recommend best practices in terms of cost control and resource utilization.
- Identify and qualify risks, implement measures to minimize them, ensure that all opportunities have been studied and exploited (change management).
- Obtain provisional and/or final acceptance of projects from the client.
- Participate with the purchasing department or ensure, in the absence of a purchasing department, the management of negotiations, claims and changes in the project.
- Carry out project closures according to internal procedures, including formalizing and transmitting feedback.
- Act as a key contact with the client and keep them informed on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicate regularly and effectively with them.
- Report to his/her hierarchy the monitoring indicators of his/her project activity.
- At least 4/5 years of higher education in mechanics or automation.
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management in an industrial environment.
- At least 3 years experience in automated production lines for an integrator.
- Proven experience in cross-functional management (internal team, subcontractors, service providers).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent English is a must.
- Knowledge of international trade (incoterms, letters of credit, contracts, etc.) would be a plus.
- Commercial sensitivity, autonomy, ability to adapt.
- Interpersonal skills, reactivity, sense of service and listening.
- Strong awareness of Health, Safety and Security rules: HSE is everyone's business.
- Flexible work practices
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate #LI-hybrid