Project Sales Engineer UPS m/f/d
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Project Sales Engineer is responsible for selling LV and UPS distribution solutions in a predefined geographical area in the field of Industrial and Infrastructure Electrification. Reporting to the EL Product Marketing Manager, he/she/zhe maintains and develops the relationship with the customers and prospects of the activity and participates in the development of partnerships.
- Sells systems/solutions to customers, focusing on volume, product mix and profitability goals for business entities/product groups.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers and partners to understand their needs, promote the complete offering and deliver the right solution.
- Works in a project mode coordinating sales and marketing teams while relying on an internal team to prepare bids and perform costing.
- Ensures that the technical and financial aspects of bids are appropriate, including pricing and commercial terms.
- Negotiates commercial and legal contracts with our clients and partners with the support of internal departments.
- Formalizes sales follow-up and project progress through a CRM.
- Works with the extended sales team (Services/Products, local ABBs where appropriate) to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Supports collections and project management activities as needed.
- At least 5 years of higher education in engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience.
- Technical skills in electrical engineering and power electronics (UPS).
- Ability to work with computer and digital tools for customer follow-up.
- Fluent English and French (read, written, spoken) required.
- Ability to travel (frequently in France and occasionally abroad: Switzerland and Italy).
- Ability to conduct complex sales in a project environment.
- Ability to conduct sales talks and negotiations, create and maintain long term relationships with customers.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong awareness of Health, Safety and Security rules: HSE is everyone's business.
- Flexible work practices
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid